Best Green Beans Ever!
This recipe using Primal Woods Pure Maple Syrup comes from friend and fellow United States Naval Academy graduate, Tom Fritz. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not a creative cook; fortunately I know creative cooks and mixologists! The mixture of a touch of both sweet and spicy has always appealed to me; these beans are superb! Tom puts this at 2 of 5 on the index.
Preparation of Tom’s Sriracha-Maple-Garlic Green Bean Dish
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 30-35 min
Check out the Nutrition Facts panel, it’s interactive!
- 3 C Green beans chopped to fork width
- 1 Spanish onion, small, chopped
- 1 TBSP Garlic (jar minced from grocery) or three fresh cloves, minced
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- 2 TBSP Primal Woods Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 TBSP Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- 1 TSP Salt
- 1/2 TSP Black pepper
In a small sauce pan, add oil, onion, garlic, and salt on high heat
- Sauté until onions become translucent; add the beans shortly after the garlic and onions start to get translucent
- Add remaining incredients
- Sauté 20-25 minutes, stirring (or tossing) every 5 min or so
- When sauce thickens, set on a trivet to cool to serving temp
- Add butchers bacon, chopped and fresh chives if you want to mix it up a bit just prior to serving